Bancorp’s Balanced Mortgage Fund II invests primarily in first mortgages to qualified real estate developers and owners for residential, commercial and industrial properties on properties located in British Columbia and Alberta. This medium-risk mortgage fund is suitable for those who can make a mid- to long-term investment.
- Target yield is two-year Government of Canada Bonds + 4%
- Established in October 2009
- Primarily a first mortgage fund
- Quarterly income – fund pays all income to investors by cash or DRIP (Reinvestment in additional shares of the funds) on a quarterly basis
- Fund manager has long-term proven track record
- Balanced Mortgage Fund ll Fact Sheet – Class D June 30, 2023
Historic Yield Balanced II
Annualized Yields to June 30, 2023
The fund primarily provides interim first mortgages with typical loan terms of 12-24 months to finance the construction, development, redevelopment, or renovation of residential, commercial, office, or industrial properties and the acquisition of land for redevelopment.
The Fund also invests in some 2nd mortgages not to exceed 15% of the portfolio at any time provided that these 2nd mortgages meet all the Funds lending criteria.
As set in the Offering Memorandum our lending criteria states that:
- Loans shall not exceed 75% of appraised value
- Maximum loan to any one property is 10% of capital
- Maximum loan to any one borrower is 15% of capital
- All loans are made to arm’s-length borrowers
How to Invest
Please Review the Offering Memorandum to determine if you are interested in this investment. Contact a BISL Dealing representative at (604)608-2717 or an independent dealer of your choice for further information about investing in Bancorp Balanced Mortgage Fund II.
Investments in BFSI offered shares in Balanced II are eligible investments for RRSP/RRIF/TFSA plans. Bancorp offers NO FEE RRSP/RRIF plans.